Category LGV C (Rigid Truck) HGV Class 2 Driver Training Lessons
(4 days training, test on the 4th day & test fee)
(5 days training, test on the 5th day & test fee)
LGV C (up to 32 tonnes)
The Category C licence allows you to drive Class 2 vehicles or Rigid bodied lorry. They are fixed unit trucks, relatively easy to handle, with cabs normally equal in size to many articulated trucks. They are designed for travelling mostly on motorways over great distances and they have a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of up to 32 tones.
These Rigid lorries are used by operators who are new to the LGV industry or who simply don’t require a full size truck and they are ideal for those who have to visit places an articulated vehicle might find difficult.
Once you successfully pass your LGV Category C test, you will obtain Category C on your licence as well as Category C1 (7.5 tonnes). From age 18 onwards you can go straight to LGV C and drive any rigid lorry up to 32 tonnes.
After passing C you can go for LGV C+E, straight away with a back to back course or sometime in the future, and drive trailers including Articulated Vehicles and Drawbar combination up to 44 tonnes.
Driver Training School, is based in Stoke On Trent, Staffordshire and Wolverhampton. We provide class 1/2 LGV/HGV Driver training CPC Driver Training, CPC periodic training. With our highly qualified instructors you are sure of:
- Well-positioned & easy to use controls with simple 8 speed gearboxes, with excellent all-round visibility and smooth ride.
- Adjustable steering wheel & power assisted steering resulting in compact turning circle & good manoeuvrability
- Air Conditioned, with suspended cloth seats and safety belts
- Low pollution engines and low noise levels
- Regularly maintained at approved service centres, ensuring high standards of safety and comfort
To start the training you will need provisional licence
We can also help you with your theory test. We supply a choice of books, DVDs, CDs. Theory test consist of two parts, Multiple Choice (MC) and Hazard Perception (HP). The MC test lasts 1 hour 55 minutes and the HP lasts 40 minutes.
Once you've got your provisional we recommend a DRIVING ASSESSMENT of approximately one hour, with one of our instructor so they can see your driving skills, and can then advise what training you'll need to pass, then we can quote you (not only for C but also for C+E if you want Back to Back training).
To arrange your Assessment Lesson simply phone us or emailed us
Ready for driving work?
If you don't already hold C1, you'll also need two more tests before you can start work: Driver CPC Case Study Theory Test and Practical Demonstration test to get a Driver Qualification Card - essential to work as a paid driver. At Driver Training School we are registered provider of CPC, please Ring us to arrange or to book for CPC
Call us to Make Booking Now or to arrange your Assessment Lesson
What you we be able to drive with Category C LGV Rigid Truck Licence
You can drive vehicles over 3,500kg (with a trailer up to 750kg).
What you need to do:-
The minimum age for this licence is 18 years old and you must hold a full Cat B (car) and a Provisional Cat C licence.
In order to undertake the training you must first go through the following stages:
- Obtain the required application pack D2 & D4 (available from Driver Training School free).
- Get your doctor or Driver Training School doctor to carry out the required medical completing the D4 form.
- You complete the D2 provisional Cat C application form.
- You send both the D2 & D4 along with both parts of your existing licence to DVLA Swansea. There is NO FEE to pay and 10-15 working days later you should receive your new licence.
- Study for the theory test, we can supply the training books and discs for a small fee (optional).
- Pass the required theory test. The test is now a two part test and can be sat one after the other.
- Part 1 - 100 multiple choice questions (you must get 85 correct from the possible 100)
- Part 2 - Hazard perception 19 film clips from which you must correctly indicate developing hazards. In this part of the test you must achieve a score of 67 out of the available 100.
- Having passed the theory/hazard perception tests you can now undertake the practical driver training. Train to the DSA test standard at Driver Training School and take the test.
- CPC Module 2 - Case Studies Test is a computer-base exercise. Click here for more info
- CPC Module 4 - Show me and Tell me exam. Click here for more info
Areas we cover
Stoke on Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Congleton, Sandbach, Crewe, Nantwich, Leek, Burton upon Trent, Cannock, Newport, Shrewsbury, Uttoxeter, Stafford, Stone, Ashbourne, Macclesfield, Biddulph, Whitchurch, Staffordshire, Cheshire, Shropshire, West Midlands and others please call for full listing
Training we provide:-
LGV training, LGV driver training, LGV training in stoke on trent, LGV driver training in stoke on trent, C training, C driver training, C training in stoke on trent, C driver training in stoke on trent,